Virginia’s oldest & most respected Family owned & operated Forklift Dealership is adding family members. Since 1945 A.M. Davis Lift Truck has grown and earned the respect of their customers by doing things differently and providing Honest and Reliable products and services every day. The secret is simple: We have a family first approach and consider our family to be our staff and our customers. Since we never want to disappoint family, we all work to our common goal of producing the best product and services with the dedication and sincere appreciation of the men and women in our Family business. Our people are truly the best part of our business. We are looking for technicians that want to be a part of an accomplished business you can be a proud respected part of. If you have heard about A.M. Davis but never spoke to us, Please talk to me directly, Spencer L. Whitt (3rd Generation), directly at 804-837-2058 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for considering us for your future.
As a Field Service Technician with A.M. Davis, you will manage your Service truck and all paperwork which pertains to your jobs. You will account for all of your paid labor hours, for all parts used in repairs and for service truck inventory. You will submit all documentation of work performed in a timely manner, maintain a clean working environment, clean tools, keep customer work areas clean and keep your provided service vehicle clean and serviced as needed.
Additional responsibilities of a Field Service Technician:
Responsibilities can include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide excellent customer service to our valued customers.
- Promote a Can-do attitude to support your customers and team members.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose repairs on forklifts, aerial equipment and other types of equipment.
- Make repairs accurately, knowing you have technical support available to assist and train as needed.
- Perform scheduled repairs and Planned Maintenance as required.
- Communicate with Parts, Service and Sales staff as needed.
- Exchange skills and knowledge with other Field Service Technicians to assist in each other on jobs as needed.
- Fill out accurate and complete work orders and adhere to company work and safety policies.
As a Field Service Technician with our A.M. Davis family, you should promote a positive attitude, good verbal and written communication skills and provide a great customer service experience. You should be able to communicate well over the phone, work together in a team environment and complete neat and timely paperwork. We would want you to demonstrate a strong work ethic, have a sense of integrity, and the desire to serve our customers and team members with an eye for detail and accuracy.
Additional requirements for the Field Service Technician include:
- High school degree or equivalency and a technical background, trade/vocational school is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years mechanical experience required. This can be in Forklifts, Rental Equipment, Heavy Equipment, or Automotive Service experience.
- Having needed hand tools.
- Have a valid Va. driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Ability to lift heavy mechanical components and work outside in various weather if needed.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week.
- Basic Computer knowledge to use troubleshooting software, (training will be available).
- Have a working knowledge of electrical fuel systems, starting/charging systems and hydraulics systems is a plus.
At A.M. Davis we understand all of our staff works hard and does their best to support our customers and team members, so we offer a very competitive rate of pay, a generous benefits package and a positive work environment that enables personal growth. We provide Factory and our own In-house Training to help make you be confident and proficient in your daily work. This is all backed by available technician and in house technical support.
Additional Benefits for the Field Service Technician include:
- Get paid weekly through Direct Deposit.
- Medical Insurance Benefits Paid in Full for the employee plus A.M. Davis pays a major part of spouse and family coverages when eligible. No extended Waiting Periods. Health Insurance starts before the end of your first month of employment.
- Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Retirement Plan with up to $1.00 for $1.00 matching.
- Yearly payroll bonuses above your regular pay.
- Life Insurance for you and your dependents.
- Short and Long Term disability Insurance.
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Personal and Sick Days.
- A.M. Davis provides: Uniforms, Service Truck, Cell phone or Cell phone reimbursement, and Tablet or Lap Top as required.
- Tuition Reimbursement on job related studies.
- You may qualify for a Hiring Bonus based on experience, Please inquire.